Last edited October, 2017
As for code, I’ve worked at pretty much every level of the web stack. (Except the part that makes Russian bots. That wasn’t me.) I’ve also guided teams, both in-house and remote, and have delivered in both start-up and mid-sized enterprise environments
To keep pace with the rapidly changing world of the web, I’m continually learning, both by delving into the latest thing as well as strengthening my grasp of the fundamentals and established best practices.
Areas of Experience
- NPM, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Yeoman, etc.
- PWA, Service Workers, IndexedDB
- PHP, Laravel, WordPress
- MySQL, MariaDB, NoSQL
- REST/API development and consumption
- HTML, CSS, SASS, Bootstrap
- Git/SVN, Github, Bitbucket, Jira, Agile, Scrum
- Jenkins, Selenium, CI/CD
- Apache, NGINX, Linux
- AWS (EC2, S3, Route53, etc.), Serverless
- Team Leadership, Software Architecture, Teaching
- Some Java/Android, some Python/Flask
- Actionscript 3 (Brief moment of silence…)
SearchGull.com – A prop search engine built with React as a serverless SPA and PWA on AWS. (Yay, acronyms!)
Grand Prix Granny – Oh, no! Granny has driven onto the racetrack and she’s going the wrong way! (No actual grannies were harmed in making this game for Android.)
Fullstack Engineer and Consultant
USA Today Network Tennessee, Nashville, TN April 2017 – present
Senior Developer/Director of Technology
Logo Garden, Franklin, TN May 2013 – March 2017
- Led team of designers and developers
- Modernized legacy PHP code
- Developed in-house API using Laravel
- Moved infrastructure to AWS
- Consumed various 3rd party APIs (MailChimp, Route 53, SendGrid, Paypal, etc.)
QuaverMusic.com, Nashville, TN February 2011 – May 2013
- Designed games and apps for learning music concepts
- Developed games and apps using Flash/AS3
- Led mini-games team
Freelance Web Developer
Self-employed 2001 – 2011
- Developed web sites for multiple clients, including Radixx, Montgomery Motor Speedway, and WHIE AM 1320
- Creepspace (2009-present): Horror fiction for young readers. I – along with my ghoulish alter ego, E. C. Crawlie – am entirely responsible for the existence of this macabre world.
- Brain Crud (2001-present): The online dumping ground for whatever nonsense is clogging up my brain.
- Bailey Jester (2001-2004): Acoustic Americana music. My brother and I wrote and sang our way across America for over three years.
- The Remnant (2001): I wrote the screenplay for this low-budget horror flick. Too bad you can’t watch the screenplay. 😀
Northland College: BS in biology with chemistry minor, 3.98 GPA